Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I noticed the other day that someone had tagged Generation Dead as "Paranormal Romance" on a book retailing site. This made me smile.

Why? Because it reminds me of my own long held belief, one that was firmly fixed in my mind as I was writing the novel. Namely, the belief that all true love is paranormal.

Whether it is for one's spouse, significant other, pet, parent, child, or friend, love is at base essence inexplicable, unquantifiable, "not scientifically explainable", to quote my Webster's definition of "paranormal".

Thought for the day:

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix


One last thought, now that I have revealed my Inner Hippie. I haven't blogged for a week, and yet I have a huge stack of freshly inked manuscript pages from a new novel on my desk! Coincidence, or conspiracy? You know how I'd vote!

No comments: