Friday, February 1, 2008

Back in the New York Groove

The wild and wooly pre-pub tour continues...

I love New York City. I love taking the train from New Haven to Grand Central Station. I love walking in cities, and yesterday was a rare January day custom made for walking, so I walked to the Hyperion offices and got to meet all of the great people I'd previously known only through email and their work.

We had lunch(mmmm, lunch)with some folks from Barnes and Noble, and they were a very sharp group of witty, charming people and a great time was had by all, especially when the cookies (mmm, cookies) came along with tiny glasses of hot chocolate, compliments of the chef. I am not exaggerating when I say it was the finest tiny cup of hot chocolate I have ever had, and it was the perfect compliment to the pistachio biscotti (mmm, pistachio biscotti).

On the trip home, I wrote and looked out the window, but not at the same time. I made it home in time for my daughter's basketball game, which they won.

Mmmm, victory.

No comments: